From October 18 to 21, 2022 the SAP ALM Summit EMEA took place in Mannheim, Germany. After two years of virtual events only, it was a very welcomed opportunity for over 340 ALM professionals to meet again in person and to get the latest updates from the ALM space!
Key message from SAP
“SAP Cloud ALM is the future!”
The keynotes from Andreas Heckmann, Marc Thier, Stefanie Kübler, Wieland Schreiner and the Chief Product Owners Michael Klöffer and Janko Budzisch painted a clear picture about the ALM strategy: The future is in the cloud, and with SAP Cloud ALM the new flagship for ALM is ready to rumble!
After the summit, Benjamin Schneider, ALM Product Expert at SAP SE and I conducted an interview in which we exchanged views on our key take-aways and derived concrete recommendations.
You can watch the full interview here:
The ALM-athon / Hackathon
One of the highlights of the SAP ALM Summit was the “ALM-athon”, a hackathon where SAP partners have developed extensions for SAP Cloud ALM and pitch them in front of the audience.
My personal key take-aways
- ALM is becoming more and more of a topic at c-level and in business strategies.
- Create your SAP ALM roadmap strategy now!
- SAP Cloud ALM is the next Generation ALM tool
- Think about the right time and which path you want to take for the transition from SAP Solution Manager to SAP Cloud ALM
- There is a lot of value for customers and partners – be curious and open!
- Let’s take the topic of SAP ALM together to the next level and shape it for the future!
Conclusion and further information
I hope this information in the blog post and the video will also help you to design your SAP ALM roadmap strategy.
Learn more here: