This blog aims at enlightening high level integration scenarios in Idea-to Market process only where SAP Enterprise Product Development interplays with other SAP products such as Ariba, Qualtrics, S/4HANA, Commerce Cloud. Integration scenarios with partner products have been excluded in scope of the blog. In subsequent blog series, one-layer deeper details of integrations scenarios are planned to be covered.
Business process integration is a top priority of SAP customers in today’s ever faster-changing world. SAP is executing its integration strategy aiming at delivering integrated end-to-end business processes and experiences along the entire value chain to enable customers on their digitalization journey to become such an integrated, sustainable and intelligent enterprise. Intelligent enterprises are integrated enterprises which adopt advanced technologies and best practices within agile, integrated business processes. It represents the main reason why a key part of SAP’s strategy is integrating end-to-end processes.
“Integration” is default pattern even in the essence of what SAP Enterprise Product Development stands for our customers today. Moreover, integration flourishes and drives further innovation horizons, which are key success factors for customers, because the success of them depends on the products they develop and the services they provide to their own customers. As a result of having integrated and intelligent enterprises, customers will be able to get maximum topline benefits of Idea to Market process with SAP Enterprise Product Development, mainly clustered in three pillars: Growing product revenue, speed up time to market, and develop sustainable products by reflecting extended producer responsibility.
Let’s take a closer look how Integration scenarios with SAP Enterprise Product Development drive value for customers to derive above mentioned topline benefits. Integration scenarios in the processes EPD addresses as well as associated use cases have been grouped into mainly three categories: Engineering based integration scenarios, Collaboration based integration scenarios, Visualization based integration scenarios
Engineering based integration scenarios:
Engineering based integration scenarios consists of various cross scenarios by leveraging SAP Products such as Qualtrics, S/4HANA:
- Requirements Acquisition together with SAP Enterprise Product Development and Qualtrics to gain better visibility and better alignment of voice of customers into product development by tracing the feedback into requirements
- Requirements Engineering with S/4 HANA and SAP Enterprise Product Development to enables customers to run requirement change impact analysis, which provide impact and Lineage Analysis view to get impact scope.
Collaboration based Integration Scenarios
Collaboration based integration scenarios represent significant portion of integration value, from which customers benefit directly with EPD Collaboration, either when collaborating with suppliers during sourcing/procurement process or during product design.
- Sourcing of Technical Product with SAP S/4HANA, SAP Enterprise Product Development, and SAP Ariba to collaborate with suppliers during sourcing and procurement processes in Ariba.
- Documents exchange and collaboration with CAD Partners across extended enterprise using ECTR, SAP/S4 HANA and SAP Enterprise Product Development. It enables by-directional seamless data file exchange with design partners when collaborating with external CAD partners
- Supplier Collaboration for Specifications in S/4HANA to ensure new product specifications have been met by supplier through Bi-directional specification exchange with customer-specific compositions
Visualization based integration scenarios:
Customers also expand business processes while gaining the benefits through visualization-based integration scenarios to enhance maintenance operations, monitoring performance and product health, visual work instructions and to expand outreach for their customers by enabling them omnichannel shopping experience.
- Visual Work Instruction with SAP EPD Visualization and Intelligent Asset Management to detail out contextual information on equipment status, operations and documentation by viewing it through 3D model or 2D pano-photo. It enables service technician can access a 3D visual work instruction on a mobile device in the field.
- SAP EPD Visualization with S/4HANA on-premises and S/4HANA Cloud and Asset Central and Product Lifecycle Costing to enable customers to understand the status of component procurement or pricing confidence for a new product by pointing out virtual 3D product, to help make decisions about alternative suppliers.
- Visual spares and services with SAP Commerce Cloud to increase aftermarket revenue by publishing 2D & 3D visualizations to enable streaming into SAP Commerce Cloud Storefronts.
Those integrations scenarios will be evolved and expanded with continues innovations empowered by SAP EPD Product and Engineering Teams. With that, our customers continue to get maximum topline benefits of Idea to Market process with SAP EPD through innovations enabled by various integration scenarios with SAP Products. In this blog, integration scenarios in I2M process that EPD interplays with other SAP products and respective use cases have been covered tangibly at high level. In the next couple of blog series, I plan to hash out the details of selected integration scenarios separately.
Till then, please:
- Follow the SAP Enterprise Product Development tag,
- Check the SAP Enterprise Product Development topic page,
- post and answer questions about SAP Enterprise Product Development,
- and read other posts on SAP Enterprise Product Development.
For More Information:
Other useful links: