One of the SAP HANA Cloud data management needs I have observed in the community and in my experience is for an easy way to upload flat file data to SAP HANA Cloud. I’d like to introduce you to the DataGlider project to address this and invite you to participate in a product innovation initiative to provide your feedback as the product is being developed.
While there are a number of file upload options already available for SAP HANA Cloud, including SAP HANA Database Explorer, Python scripts and DBeaver, these are more geared towards technical users. The goal of this project is to:
- Provide a consumer grade user experience that makes it easy and fun for business users to upload data from spreadsheets and CSV files to SAP HANA Cloud.
- Build a robust and secure enterprise grade, certified SaaS solution on SAP Business Technology Platform that is compliant with your IT department’s standards.
Rather than referring to technical concepts such as schemas and tables, the idea is to overlay a semantic layer that conveys business meaning, with terminology such as Business Objects, Datasets and Tags. Here’s a sneak peak at the home page design:
The initial use cases in scope are:
- Uploading data to SAP HANA Cloud for a business application
- Uploading data to SAP HANA Cloud for analytics purposes
- Uploading data to SAP HANA Cloud for an SAP S/4HANA data migration
- Uploading data to SAP HANA Cloud as a hub for sharing data or sending to other systems
- Uploading data to SAP Data Warehouse Cloud
- Understanding if there is a need to also support uploads to SAP HANA on-premise version
Registering your interest
This Product Innovation Initiative will allow you to preview the design and features of DataGlider prior to general release. It’s an opportunity for you to influence the product direction and help validate that it is on the right track to meet your needs.
Come along for the ride by registering your interest here: dataglider.io
It will be a fun journey and I’d really appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post below.