Develop a simple SAP Fiori application to display SAP Ariba Requisitions data without any persistence layer and make the SAP Fiori application accessible via SAP BTP Central Fiori Launchpad
Fiori Launchpad: This is the SAP BTP Launchpad Service. User will access the Requisitions Fiori tile on Fiori Launchpad.
Ariba Requisitions Fiori Application: SAP UI5 application built using SAP Business Application Studio
Ariba Requisitions Service: SAP CAP application built using SAP Business Application Studio
Integration Suite: Integration Flows built in SAP Integration Suite to pull Requisition data from SAP Ariba using SAP Ariba APIs.
SAP Ariba: SAP Ariba Procurement application that is hosting the Requisition data. Requisition data can be accessed via the SAP Ariba APIs.
High-Level Functional Flow
- User accesses BTP Central Fiori Launchpad
- User clicks on the Requisitions Fiori tile on BTP Central Fiori Launchpad.
- Requisitions Fiori tile directs the request to the Ariba Requisitions Fiori application deployed in BTP.
- Ariba Requisitions Fiori application triggers Ariba Requisitions Service deployed in BTP.
- Ariba Requisitions Service pulls Requisitions data from SAP Ariba via SAP Ariba APIs. Any complex programming logic can be implemented here.
- Ariba Requisitions Service transforms the Requisition data into the required format and provides it to the Ariba Requisitions Fiori application. Any complex programming logic can be implemented here.
- SAP Ariba Requisition data is displayed to the User.
This blog is divided into a series of 6 blogs based on the architecture components.
Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: SAP Ariba – API Setup
Part 3: SAP Integration Suite – Integration Flows Build
Part 4: Ariba Requisitions Service Application
Part 5: Ariba Requisitions Fiori Application
Part 6: Central Fiori Launchpad Setup
Note: This blog series shows the design, build and test using SAP Ariba Requisition data. Any other SAP Ariba data that can be queried via SAP Ariba APIs can be used in the place of SAP Ariba Requisition data.