Purpose / Pain Area: The purpose of this blogpost is to explain how we can exclude reserved & under-quality component stock during batch determination of Process Order / Production Order.
Use: Sometimes, we get a requirement from customer that we want to exclude reserved & under-quality stock against batch by other process orders / production orders. So, user should not reserve same batch stock to multiple process order / production orders.
This scenario normally used in every industry like Pharma, Food, Steel etc.
Solution: In most of the cases, we end up doing enhancement to meet the requirement during batch determination of process order / production order component (In transaction code – COR2).
In below example, we will exclude reserved stock during batch determination.
- Normally, system consider all stock value during batch determination.
- Assign availability check as “02” to required raw material in material master through MM02 in MRP3 –> Availability Check
- Go to transaction OMJJ –> 02 “Individ. requirements” –> “PP” Checking Rule, to maintain below values shown in Image.
- Check system will not consider Quality & reserved stock.
- Batch “RM_000002” is under quality not getting display in batch determination
- Batch “RM_220812” available only 10005 which display in Batch determination
Conclusion: Reserved stock or Quality managed stock can be excluded during batch determination as per business requirement.
Benefits: Manual mistakes of users can be avoided for selection batches & quantities.
Thank You, I hope you will like this blog post.
Any feedback or improvements in blog post will be highly appreciated so that it will be helpful to community members