The EarlyWatch Alert team has released a new feature to get a notification if there was no new SAP EarlyWatch Alert report generated in the last 14 days. In most cases, this happens because the SAP system has stopped collecting or sending analysis data to SAP. It is important to fix the underlying issue as soon as possible, so that the SAP EarlyWatch Alert can continue checking the health of your system landscape.
The new notification scenario will be added automatically to your user in case you have already subscribed to any other SAP EarlyWatch Alert notification.
- Note: The very first notification email may contain many systems which stopped sending in the last 3 months, but the next notifications will contain always only systems which stopped sending in the last 3 weeks.The notification is only triggered once per system and it doesn’t repeat itself. Systems with latest reports older than 90 days will disappear automatically from Workspace and will not trigger any notification.
If you have not yet used the notifications, here is how it works:
How to activate the new notification type:
- Open the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace
- Select the systems you are responsible for by setting filter values in the top of the screen
- The number of systems which did not send service data for two weeks is displayed in the light grey segment of the donuts chart in the “Overall ” card. If you have systems in this part of the chart, then you should receive a notification for them. Save the view with a meaningful name (will be reused later) with the arrow-down button next to the title
- Select the notification button displayed on top right side of the screen
- You see your list of saved views.
- Select the filter view and choose “No current Service Report” notification. (Changes are saved automatically: a success toast message pops up.)
If you have never used the SAP EarlyWatch Alert notifications before, you have to choose, how you want to get notified:
- Select the Notification Area button in the dark ribbon above (megaphone icon) and choose “Manage”
- For the “SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace” application, activate or deactivate the notification channels (in launchpad, e-mail, sms)
The emails are aggregated per system group, which you specified as a view. This way you receive only one email, even if multiple systems have stopped sending. Here is an example which notifies about 2 systems, where no service report was generated in the last 2 weeks.
As you can see you can unsubscribe from the email notifications any time with the link provided in the footer of the email.
How to troubleshoot
There can be multiple reasons why the service report is missing for last 2 weeks:
Either the error is on the receiving side:
- Error in the processing pipeline at SAP: check Status App
- In this app you will see if SAP received any data from your system in the respective time frame. It has a comprehensive in-app documentation which can be opened with question mark button on the top right.
Or the error is on the sending side, see SAP KBA 1684537
- Error in the data collection in the sending system, e.g. the collection job was cancelled. Check transaction SDCCN and job logs
- Data was collected but the sending failed on the sender side: check transaction SDCCN
- Data transmission failed on the receiving side: e.g. issues with the technical S-User
There is also a very detailed blog from Roman on how to set-up SAP EarlyWatch Alert step-by-step.
In case you need further help, open a customer incident on component SV-SCS-EWA.
Together with your collaboration this new notification type helps to ensure that data transfer is re-activated after a hick-up. This is especially important for new features like SAP EarlyWatch Alert forecasts and pattern detection which depend on KPI history data with as least as possible gaps.