This blog will describe the new features of SAP Business ByDesign Add-in for Microsoft Outlook released in 2208. The new SAP Business ByDesign Add-in for Microsoft Outlook is released as controlled availability in 2208. Only selected customers can use it.
The new SAP Business ByDesign Add-in for Microsoft Outlook provides the same functionalities that the previous versions of add-in provided. Business Users can synchronize contacts, e-mails, appointments, and tasks to and from Outlook; create service requests in the system from incoming e-mails; and associate e-mails, tasks and appointments with SAP Business ByDesign accounts, campaigns, opportunities, and leads.
And below new capabilities are added to SAP Business ByDesign Add-in for Microsoft Outlook:
- Support for 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook: Microsoft Outlook Integration supports 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook. The new SAP Business ByDesign add-in for Microsoft Outlook could be installed and works well with the 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook.
- Improved Connectivity with auto logon: the new SAP Business ByDesign add-in for Microsoft Outlook add-in continues to run in the background even if Outlook is accidentally closed, the add-in will automatically connect to the system when Outlook opens again.
- Creation of new account: Business Users can create a new account from new SAP Business ByDesign add-in to SAP Business ByDesign system.
- Personalization of the columns display: Columns of accounts and other objects in the new SAP Business ByDesign add-in for Microsoft Outlook can be personalized by Business Users.
- Improved logging and technical information: Business Users can check more payloads, HTTP logs, connectivity logs from Technical Information of SAP Business ByDesign add-in for Microsoft Outlook.
Limitation or Known Issues
- Please be noted that the new SAP Business ByDesign add-in for Microsoft Outlook works only with desktop versions of outlook on windows system. It does not support the Microsoft Outlook for Mac, online versions of Outlook, Outlook for iOS and Outlook for Android.
- Only English language is supported by new SAP Business ByDesign add-in for Microsoft Outlook in the CA release
- Untrack appointment and task are not available in the CA release
The Microsoft Outlook Integration can exchange information between 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook and SAP Business ByDesign system, auto logon and creation of new account from SAP Business ByDesign add-in leads to an increase in productivity, and the work getting done effectively.