This blog defines the process on how to create a story in SAP Analytics Cloud with a view that is available in SAP Data Warehouse Cloud.
Overview of the steps:
- Create a view in SAP DWC with the required data
- Create a story in SAC by utilizing the above created view
In this example, the SAC and DWC are residing in different tenants.
We will utilize an existing view in DWC for now, detailed steps on creating a view will be published in upcoming blogs. One of the most important steps for utilizing the view in DWC to create a story is to allow the consumption of the same.
While creating the view in DWC, we will have check mark the option “Expose for Consumption” option in the View properties and the view should be an “Analytical Dataset” .
SAC currently supports Analytics and Planning modelling so the relation dataset will not work.
Step 2: Creating a story in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Go to Stories option in SAC
- Select the Story type like responsive, canvas etc.
- Select design mode type Classic or Optimized
- Then you will get the below screen where you need to select the Data
- In Connect to Live Data, select the option “SAP Data Warehouse Cloud”
- Select the Space from DAP DWC
- Select the “Analytical Dataset” which is the view from SAP DWC on which the story must be created
- Once the above steps are completed, you will be able to see the data in the story
- You can also add the Dimensions in “Data” option of the story
- In the Story tab, you will be able to see all the data as per the story design.
Finally, we can create a Story in SAC which is consuming the view available in DWC allowing the developers to utilize the enhanced features of modelling in DWC.
Please refer my previous blog as well in continuation of SAP DWC and SAC Blogs