Just over two months ago we launched an SAP strategic initiative that makes us extremely proud: the One Process Acceleration Layer Beta Program.
One Process Acceleration Layer is a collection of ready-to-consume accelerator assets – business process accelerators such as business reference architectures, process models, industry and solution best practices, benchmarks and metrics, as well as thought leadership papers. These help organizations who are transforming their business, quickly find their answers, avoid the complexity of starting from a blank page and ultimately accelerate the time to value of their transformational programs. As Robert Weller, co-head of the One Process Acceleration Layer team, explained in a recent interview: “One Process Acceleration Layer represents the combined knowledge of 25,000 SAP consultants and results from the thousands of customer transformations that we have supported over the years”.
In this blog, I’d like to share some early results from the program, examples of what users think about One Process Acceleration Layer and why you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to be a beta user.
First, a quick sum up of some pretty impressive facts and figures:
- 120+ SAP customers and partners from all over the globe have registered to the program and are actively using One Process Acceleration Layer to guide their transformation projects
- Due to the high volume of applications we received in such a short period, we had to increase the spots available for the program from 100 to 150, make sure you grab your spot
- Beta participants belong to the most diverse industries and no matter if they are transformation leads, business owners, process managers, CIOs, solution consultants or enterprise architects, they can find the right information for their specific role
- 100% of users said in a recent survey that they find One Process Acceleration Layer useful to their activity
- 91% found the design of SAP Signavio Process Explorer, the product to access and explore One Process Acceleration Layer content, appealing and easy to use
- Contents that users find more relevant include process models, reference architectures, KPIs and diagrams, as well as process mining best practices.
In the context of a feedback survey that we launched in the past days, a process manager of a discrete manufacturing company mentioned that they registered to the program “to gain knowledge about the best practices which are needed to create and end-to-end process.” What he finds particularly useful is the reference process landscape, which is helping them challenge their own processes. SAP Signavio Process Explorer is “modern with a nice web interface”, he commented.
When asked what he found useful about the solution, a senior process architect working in the telecommunication industry answered: “See how the organization works from a ‘What’ and ‘How’ and ‘by Whom’ point of view. Also, the links between processes, systems, data and risk/control factors.”
SAP Partners are also finding great value from One Process Acceleration Layer. “The concept is interesting” said an SAP pre-sale at an IT services major. “As part of RFP responses, customers share the business capabilities they need through the ERP. We map these capabilities to the corresponding SAP functionality, but this activity is largely manual and Excel-based. One Process Acceleration Layer does it via an application, goes one step further linking process flows and best practices downstream to solutions”.
While new and great content is continuously added, One Process Acceleration Layer provides as of now over 3500 process models serving the most common and high impact use cases (such as source to pay, lead-to cash, finance and more) across ten different industries.
Registration to the program is still open meaning that all SAP users and partners can apply to the initiative and access the myriad of content that One Process Acceleration provides. Within the next few weeks, twenty users will also be selected for the next phase of the program as part of which, they not only will be able to access and explore contents but also consume a number of accelerator assets to their own workspace, guided by a dedicated coach who will help them leverage at full potential the power of One Process Acceleration Layer.
Robert Weller commented in a recent meeting: “Good solutions and offers are based on solid beta programs. We are excited for the impressive number of companies who have been applying to the initiative and for the enthusiast feedbacks that are receiving from beta participants. Our team is working tirelessly to collect suggestions and inputs regarding content, design, functionality and usability to provide an offer that fully delivers on its value proposition, it’s loved by customers and brings them tangible results. This approach is fully representative of the ‘SAP Signavio way’ that values customers perspectives and puts them at the centre of every product and initiative.”