SAP Tutorials for Developers, aka the Tutorial Navigator, is THE place to go for getting hands-on experience with the latest SAP technology, including SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP). And you can use our renowned tutorials to explore our services with SAP’s latest free tier offering.
Pick a service you’re interested in and start your journey! The free tier model for SAP BTP includes an ever-growing number of free services to explore and start building with SAP BTP.
New free tier services are added as they become available.To get an overview of which services already offer a free service plan, visit SAP Discovery Center.
- From the left-hand selection panel called Categories, select Free Tier Services.
- You now see all services with free tier service plans. For more information on the scope of a service, select a service and go to Pricing. If the service offers a service plan called Free, you know that they have a free tier option.
Vamping Up Tutorials: Your Learning Experience with Free Tier
Currently, we’re working hard behind the scenes of the Tutorial Navigator to offer you the best possible learning experience. The tutorials are being revamped to allow you to try out the services of SAP BTP with the free tier model.
That, of course, takes some time, so not all tutorials are currently ready to be used on free tier, but check back regularly as we continue to update and add tutorials for those services working on the free tier model. We continue to work hard on making sure all tutorials work issue-free, but if you encounter an issue while trying out a service for free via a tutorial, reach out to us by clicking on the Feedback button at the top bar above every tutorial. From here you can choose how you would like to share your issue with our team to make sure it can be resolved. Thanks!
Recap: Advantages of the Free Tier Model
At SAP Sapphire in 2021, SAP announced its new free tier model. But wait a moment, what was that all about? Let’s recap: With the free tier model for SAP BTP, you start with a productive account right away. The free tier model means you can try out selected services up to a specified capacity limit and easily switch to the paid tier, without losing any work.
Here’s what Anja Schneider, Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, had to say about the free tier in “Easy path to productive use with the free tier model for SAP Business Technology Platform:”
- Gain hands-on experience Explore the full capabilities of the free tier services with your own instance of SAP BTP. The good thing is that the free tier services do not expire; this gives you the freedom to continuously develop and accelerate business value from your data until you reach the predefined capacity limits.
- Start to innovate Take advantage of step-by-step guided missions and SAP Community content to build innovations. Get inspired by what other customers and partners are achieving with SAP BTP and define your own path to the future. For example, start building a chatbot with the free tier of SAP Conversational AI or enhance your applications with SAP Mobile Services.
- Easy path to productive use The free tier model for SAP BTP allows you to explore of various services with an easy path to productive use. All work within the free tier can be maintained to ensure developer efficiency when updating to a standard plan.
So, let’s get started and check out the following resources that explain how to create an account with the free tier model: