I would like to point you to the latest news around digital experience services on SAP Business Technology Platform – with focus on SAP Launchpad service and SAP Work Zone.
What is New in Q2 2022 for SAP Work Zone and SAP Launchpad Service?
Available innovations and enhancements for both SAP Launchpad Service and SAP Work Zone:
- Key user adaptation: allowing users to make changes to the UI of apps directly at runtime in the launchpad (this also available for the application area of SAP Work Zone, which is the embedded launchpad). Key user adaptation allows users to make changes without having to write new code, so that you can also refer to this as a kind of “no-code” tool. More more information read also the blog Key User Adaptation in SAP Launchpad service is available out-of-the-box by Oliver Graeff.
- Support of relations between roles and catalogs/groups in federated content to support the different relationships of content providers of groups and catalogs to roles
- Enhanced content provider report including spaces, pages, and URL templates
- Seamless transport of local copies of HTML5 applications
- Integration of Enterprise Search (now also available for SAP Work Zone)
Available innovations and enhancements for SAP Work Zone only:
- UI Integration card context awareness: UI Integration cards on the same page can interact with each other by setting and getting parameters to and from the page context
- Improved workspace cover photo handling: clicking the Upload Photo button takes you directly to the browser where you can select the image of your choice:
- SAP Work Zone Mobile app enhancements: new menu & navigation experience with central ‘burger menu’
- External users of SAP Work Zone can be added to imported user lists (= SCIM Groups) managed via SAP Cloud Identity Services (IPS)
- Assigning one or multiple regular SAP Work Zone users to an alias account allowing testing experiences from an end-user perspective without separate logout/login:
You want to dive deeper into the Q2 updates? Watch the recording of our latest SAP Community call “What is New in Digital Experience?” and listen to our product experts Sibylle Brehm and Florian Büch, demonstrating the latest features and capabilities.
You can also check out the presentation which is shown in this call.
Updated Roadmaps Available
You can see the updated roadmaps for SAP Launchpad service and for SAP Work Zone in the Roadmap Explorer.
Rise with SAP and SAP BTP Services
Have you already started your “RISE with SAP” journey and did you also explore how to use SAP BTP services in your RISE transformation? “RISE with SAP” package provides access to SAP BTP via free Cloud Credits based on Cloud Platform Enterprise Agreement (CPEA). You can use the Cloud Credits to explore SAP BTP services and validate business value with no up-front commitment. You can also build, test, and iterate with a small set of users in a productive environment. There are a few services on SAP BTP, which are free of charge and are included as part of the entitlements for all RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private editions. All “RISE with SAP” customers have for example entitlements to use SAP Launchpad service and SAP Mobile Start.
Read the blog post “Maximize Your Rise with SAP Investment with SAP BTP Services” from Murali Shanmugham and “SAP Launchpad service now available for all RISE with SAP customers” from Rai Kamal Saha.
Learn about new Horizon Theme for SAP Fiori
The new modern Horizon theme is an evolution of the SAP Fiori design system. This new visual theme for SAP Fiori is on its way to be available in our portfolio of SAP products. The first step is to enable the underlying technologies: today, Horizon is generally available for productive usage by customer and partner development teams using SAP’s UI technologies for developing web-apps as well as native mobile apps. Horizon is now starting to be available in selected SAP products. Horizon will be provided as an additional option, and you can choose when you want to start using the Horizon theme. It is planned to make this new theme generally available for SAP S/4HANA Cloud in Q3/2022. For SAP Launchpad service and SAP Work Zone it is planned to provide a new site experience based on the Horizon theme.
Enablement and Learning
SAP Work Zone Learning Journey Unit is now available
We are pleased to announce that the new units for SAP´s Low-Code/No-Code Applications and Automations for Citizen Developers learning journey are launched, now with a new unit covering digital experience services on SAP Business Technology Platform with focus on SAP Work Zone. You can learn from our instructors how to create an engaging digital experience with SAP Work Zone. After completing the learning journey, learners have the chance to take a 3-hr proctored exam to earn a certificate and become a certified Citizen Developer Associate.
Access Your Launchpad Site with SAP Mobile Start
Go through this step-by-step tutorial and learn how to connect the SAP Mobile Start native app with your SAP Launchpad service site.
SAP Community News
Digital experience services – together with Process Automation and Application Development – were the Spotlight Topics of the month on SAP Community in May. For this event new and exciting content was created.
Blog Post from SAP Partner ConvergentIS
SAP partner ConvergentIS created a great blog about their experiences of SAP Work Zone implementation for their customers. As an SAP customer and partner, the team from ConvergentIS has come across several instances in the procurement space where business teams were seeking out single sign-on experiences for their distributors. The team found that SAP Work Zone proved to be a powerful foundation for helping many businesses achieve a consistent user experience. They worked with a packaging manufacturer to implement SAP Work Zone with the intent to streamline interaction with their distributors, enable self-service capabilities, and provide real-time visibility into updates and orders, thereby reducing overhead.
Video about digital experience services portfolio of SAP and strategy
Andreas Schlosser is Vice President of Engineering, leading the team delivering digital experience services on SAP Business Technology Platform. You now have the chance to listen to him: in this video Andreas gives you an overview on the digital experience services portfolio of SAP, he explains why this area is a key priority for SAP and he talks about future investments and roadmap:
There was also other content created for the Spotlight Topic of the month for the other areas Process Automation and Application Development. I summarized all the newly created content in this blog on SAP Community.
Additional Information Channels