The SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) provides an environment to build and run full-stack applications on a trusted enterprise-grade platform.
Running such applications side-by-side to SAP solutions such as SAP Business ByDesign and S/4HANA Cloud requires in particular that these apps fit to the SAP standard and deliver a seamless user experience across solutions and applications.
For this goal we benefit from technology alignments supported by BTP services and programming models, such as for example:
- a consistent concept of openness based on OData APIs and standardized business events,
- secure and harmonized approaches for process integration, API-led integration, event-based integration and data integration,
- a central identity and access management based on the SAP Identity Authentication Service,
- a consistent business object design supported by a model-driven development approach and reuse components,
- a harmonized look & feel with UI floorplan patterns based on Fiori Elements, UI5 and the SAP Launchpad,
- and consistent implementations of SAP product standards.
The GitHub repository “SME Partner Reference Application” provides a sample application that is based on these BTP qualities and showcases a seamless frontend and back-channel integration with SAP Business ByDesign.
The repository provides two approaches to get started and to explore BTP capabilities:
- Deploy and run the sample application as provided and explore the features and the code
- Re-build the application from scratch following detailed step-by-step tutorials and an incremental development approach