As we know, SAP has pre-delivered objects in LTMC, but there is master data or transactional data that does not yet have LTMC objects, such as service master. In this post, we will create a custom LTMC object for uploading the service master data (AC01) using LTMOM with standard BAPI.
Testing is done on S/4HANA 2021.
Since S/4HANA 2020, SAP has deprecated LTMC using the web Dynpro version and moved to the Fiori app Migrate Your Data (F3473). If you are not familiar with the Migrate Your Data app or LTMOM, I recommend you to read these blogs:
How to Create New Custom LTMC Object using LTMOM
we will use Function Module BAPI_SERVICE_CREATE to create a Service Master custom LTMC object.
CREATE A NEW CUSTOM OBJECT
1. Go to T-Code LTMOM
2. Choose the project that you want to create a new custom object.
3. After choosing the project, click in the menu bar Project->Create Migration Object->User-Defined->Migrate Data Using Files/Staging Tables to create a new custom object
4. Enter the object ID and description and choose Function Module as the Target Structure, then click Next
5. Enter the name of Function Module, Return Parameter and TestRun parameter so that we can do the simulation before uploading the data, then click continue
CREATE SOURCE STRUCTURE
After successfully creating the new custom object, now we create a source structure.
6. Double click on the source structure at the left sidebar, right click on the source structure on the right sidebar, then choose Append Structure to Lower Level.
7. Enter the name of the source structure, then click continue
8. Click add field to enter the fields of the source structure, then click the save
9. You can also make certain fields to become mandatory by right click the structure and then choosing change view
After creating the source structure, we map our source to the target structure.
10. Double click on the structure mapping on the left sidebar
11. Drag our source structure to the target structure
12. Drag our source structure to the target mapping field, then click the save
And the last step is field mapping our source structure to the target structure.
13. Double click the Field Mapping on the left sidebar.
14. Drag the source field to the target field just like we did in the previous step
15. Right click Single-Character Flag Number Range Check, then choose assign rule
16. Choose rule Move and enter parameter ‘X’ to assign a constant value to the field
17. Then click Save and then Generate
1. Open Migrate Your Data app
2. Open your migration project
3. Our new custom migration object is automatically added to the project. Download the template
4. Complete the template data
5. Upload the template file
6. Click Prepare
7. After the preparation of the staging table is completed, you can click instance to check your data.
8. Choose Simulate, then click start simulation
9. If the simulation is successful, you can continue to migrate the data
10. The migration data is successfully executed.
If pre-delivered LTMC objects don’t yet support your migration data requirements, you can create custom objects using LTMOM with a standard or custom Function Module.
please feel free to provide the feedback.