This article highlights Key updates of SuccessFactors PMGM 1H 2022 Release Innovations.
There are a bunch of Release Updates for 360 Reviews this time. I’ll devote a separate blog post to those.
As most of the enhancements for the Latest Goal UI are covered in the previous releases, there isn’t much related to Goal Management in this release.
Let’s have a look at the Important PMGM announcements.
1. Manager Template Permission for Creating Calibration Sessions
We can now specify which calibration templates managers can access when they create calibration sessions with the new role-based permissions. On calibration templates, we can use more comprehensive access control.
- Configuration Type: Universal.
2. Create and Edit Goals in Non-Goal Management Modules
- In several non-Goal Management modules, you can now try out the latest Goal Management experience to create and edit goals through an embedded dialog.
- When you create or edit a goal in the following modules, you’ll be prompted with a dialog with brand new UIs offered by the latest Goal Management:
- Career Development
- Continuous Performance Management
- People Profile
- Performance Management
- SAP has built this enhancement to offer more interactive and easy-to-use goal operating UIs. This way, you can engage with your goals flexibly and efficiently in non-Goal Management modules.
- Configuration Type: Admin Opt-in
- For Rules in creating and editing goals in these modules follow what the latest Goal Management has defined. Click here
For More Info:
3. Enhancement to Guidelines Enforcement
Guidelines can be applied to a session to encourage users to align to a recommended distribution. Guidelines are optional, but if you choose to use guidelines, you must set a distribution/distribution range applied to an individual rating or a group of ratings.
Guideline enforcement is now supported in three more guideline scenarios:
1. More than one rating is included in a guideline. You define the guideline with a rating group. For example, the total number of subjects with outstanding performance and those with good performance (Combined) should be 30% (Outstanding + Good = 30%).
2. An operator other than “=” is configured in a guideline. You define the guideline with a rating range. For example, the number of subjects with outstanding performance should be between 5% and 10% (Outstanding is between 5% and 10%).
3. Not all ratings have a guideline. For example, there’s a 10% guideline for subjects with outstanding performance, but there’s no guideline defined for other ratings.
There’s no limitation that the total distribution must be 100% if any of the following conditions are met:
- More than one rating is included in a guideline.
- An operator other than = is configured in a guideline.
- A rating appears more than once in multiple guidelines.
- Not all ratings are configured in all guidelines.
Guidelines can be applied to a session to encourage users to align to a recommended distribution. Guidelines are optional, but if you choose to use guidelines, you must set a distribution or a distribution range applied to an individual rating or a group of ratings. A guideline can include an individual rating or a group of ratings. In a guideline, you can use more operators besides =, such as <, <=, >, >=, and is between.
The total distribution must be exactly 100% in the following case where each guideline includes an individual rating with the operator =:
If you choose to use guidelines, you can see them in the Dashboard view, Bin view, and Executive Review view.
This enhancement only applies to finalizing sessions individually. Guideline enforcement in finalizing multiple sessions will be enhanced in a future release.
SAP built this enhancement to ensure a consistent system behavior of enforcing distribution guidelines in all calibration sessions.
4. Replacement of Continuous Performance Management Legacy Version with the Continuous Performance Management Latest Version
I have written an entire blog post on this change covering the Changes, Limitations, and How to Upgrade. Click here to view the entire blog post
See my earlier blog post for more information on universal Reimagined Home Page upgrade- 1H 2022 Release. It has a lot of info to keep you updated on the latest release.
To get more information on all the release changes, please refer to the links below.
Release Highlight Document: https://www.sap.com/documents/2022/04/32ab0009-227e-0010-bca6-c68f7e60039b.html
Please feel free to share your ideas and questions in the comment box of this blog. I’d be glad to share what I know with you. Also, do share your thoughts on the latest changes, and the features you valued the most. Share this blog with your colleagues.