SAP continues investing in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and S/4HANA Cloud Public Sector Management & S/4HANA Public Sector Management to support public sector budget planning scenarios.
SAC and S/4HANA are a perfect conjunction to deliver seamless budget planning and execution to your agency. While S4HANA serves as a major source of your financial insights, SAC can connect to S/4HANA master data for cutting-edge planning and communicate back the plan data. It can also access actuals and commitments data in S/4HANA to offer real-time budget execution reporting.
In this blog, we will cover the most important product innovations to date.
Here is the list of APIs available with S/4HANA Cloud 2111 release. They allow you to read master and transactional data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud system. These services are based on the OData protocol.
Here is the list of APIs available with 2021 S/4HANA Feature Package 1 release (available since February 23rd, 2022). They allow you to read master and transactional data from SAP S/4HANA system. These services are based on the OData protocol.
- Budget Period API
- Budget Period Hierarchy API
- Commitment and Actual Items API
- Commitment Item API
- Fund API
- Fund Hierarchy API
- Funded Program API
- Funded Program Hierarchy API
- Funds Center API
- Funds Center Hierarchy API
- Funds Management Budget Document Item API
- Funds Management Functional Area API
- Grant API
- Grant Hierarchy API
Import of plan and forecast data from SAC to BCS is currently foreseen via an Excel upload (read more here).
Copy of CO planned data from S/4HANA ACDOCP (by planning category, financial ledger, periods, account assignments) to Funds Management Budget Control System (BCS) is also available (read more here).
Public Sector Budget Planning & Analytics Content
To accelerate your start with SAC for your budget planning SAP has delivered a template budget planning content to showcase SAC and S/4HANA Cloud integration. Starting February 19th, 2022, the content is available for download for any customers with a running SAC license on the SAC Content Library. You can explore the package here and find more technical information on the user guide.
In a nutshell, the package covers the following scope:
- Analyzing actuals and budget of the last year – based on fund, cost center, and budget account (if a customer is using S/4 on-prem the account assignments can be changed accordingly, for example, cost center -> fund center, budget account -> commitment item, and respective new OData services listed in the top of the article can be leveraged)
- Planning two different versions of the next fiscal year’s budget based on last fiscal year’s budget
- Comparing the two planning versions
- Finalizing selected plan and exporting it back to S/4HANA Cloud (excel upload can be used to export data back to S/4HANA on-prem)
SAP will continue advancing this content package and build up key budget planning processes – stay tuned for further innovations!
Budget Execution Analytics
On top of the planning package, SAP is also making available SAC standard content for budget execution KPI analytics and reporting. This package is also available on SAC Content Library since February 19th, 2022. You can explore the package here and find more technical information on the user guide.
This package has the following scope:
- Budget Monitoring – Budget Consumption Dashboard
- Fund Monitoring – Fund Overview
- Grantee Management – Grant Overview
Starting January 2022, the above content is also available as SAC Embedded analytics directly in S/4HANA Cloud Public Sector Management: