This one pager document aims to list all the required configuration for the Advance Payment process in Ariba Buying & Invoicing, integrated with S/4HANA.
This guide uses CIG integration technology with the CIG AddOn for S/4HANA, running in S/4HANA On Premise 2020. But should work on older S/4 versions and ECC ERPs.
Prerequisites and Limitations
- PO and Invoice CIG integrations are already configured
- Ensure that the LOG_MMFI_P2P business function is active on SAP ERP
- And the listed Prerequisites and Limitations from the CIG documentation.
Configuration in Ariba B&I
This configuration steps is performed by SAP Ariba resources. Please work with your Ariba project contact to have them enabled, or open an SR in Ariba Connect to request this enablement.
- Export Advance Payments Asynchronously
- Import Advance Payment Status Asynchronously
- Export Cancel Advance Payments Asynchronously
- Import Cancel Advance Payment Status Asynchronously
- Import Advance Payment Remittances Asynchronously
- Enable P2X-14: Line level Advance Payment
Master Data Files
The customer is responsible for creating the master data files to be loaded to Ariba.
- Import GL Indicators for Advance Payment
- Import Document Types for Advance Payment
- Import Payment Method Types
Configuration in S/4HANA
CIG SPRO config
1. Integration with Other SAP Components -> SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway -> SAP Ariba Procurement Integration -> General Settings -> Setup the Interface
- Advance Payment Remittance
- Advance Payment Export Request
- Cancel Advance Payment Request
- ERP Response to Procurement
2. Integration with Other SAP Components -> SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway -> SAP Ariba Procurement Integration -> Application Specific Settings -> Advance Payment
- ADV_PAY_ENABLED = X
- BAPI_ADV_PAY_CREATE_BUS_ACT = RFST or RFBU
If SAP Note: 2387374 Information published on SAP site is not implemented, then enter the value as RFBU. Otherwise enter the value as RFST.
3. Integration with Other SAP Components -> SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway -> SAP Ariba Procurement Integration -> Application Specific Settings -> Invoice
- UNCLR_DWNPMNT_SPLIND = A
4. Integration with Other SAP Components -> SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway -> SAP Ariba Procurement Integration -> Application Specific Settings -> Advance Payment Remittance -> Confugure Advance Payment Remittance Transaction
- Menu: Settings -> Products -> …of a customer
- Menu: Settings -> Process Modules -> …of a customer
5. Integration with Other SAP Components -> SAP Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway -> SAP Ariba Procurement Integration -> General Settings -> Maintain timestamp
- Add the ADV_RM_EXP entry with today’s date
Other S/4 Configurations
1. Go to SM36 and Schedule a job to run program ARBCIG_ADVPAY_REMIT_EXPORT
2. If the Down Payment process is not configured in S/4HANA
Configure the Special G/L in t-code FBKP.
- Note that they will need to configure a Special G/L Mapping from the Supplier Reconciliation Account to Special G/L. t-code: XK03 -> Accounting Data
- Please consider all Supplier Reconciliation Accounts from Vendor Master data in this mapping.
- And map at least the K-A “Down Payments, Current Assets”
3. Check the configuration on table V_FMDP_DPR_CLR in SM30.
The “DPR Upd” field should be flagged on the Company Code level for the Down Payment Request (DPR) to show up in the PO History tab. If the DPR is not available on the PO History, the Advance Payment Remittance Integration will not work.
If there are issues about mandatory fields during the Invoice integration (OK2Pay with Advance Payment reference), check t-code OB41 for the Field was useful to resolve an issue with mandatory fields during the OK2Pay Invoice with Advance Payment data Posting.
Configuration in CIG Portal
As long as the Ariba Procurement Project is configured and working in CIG Portal, there is no need for additional configuration there.
I plan to create a follow up blog showcasing the full end-to-end Advance Payment process – from Advance Payment Request creation in Ariba to Final Supplier Invoice Payment in S/4HANA. And I’ll update this blog with the link.