Onboarding is one of the most important milestones in the employee lifecycle and hence it’s crucial to provide an intuitive experience. Onboarding customers can use the Latest Home Page for the new hire experience post the SAP SuccessFactors 2H 2021 release. The experience on the latest Home Page enables new hires to seamlessly complete Onboarding activities while providing a holistic experience.
There are certain prerequisites that that need to be completed:
- The latest home page is enabled.
- You have access to the Upgrade Center.
- Go to Admin Center- Upgrade Center – Optional Upgrades
- Find the Onboarding Data on the Latest Home Page Then follow on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade.
New Hire Engagement Cards on the Latest Home Page
The new hire experience on the latest Home Page is based on engagement cards and consists of four major components outlined below. These cards will appear on the latest Home Page based on configurations in the Process Variant Manager, evaluation of business rules and other application configurations in admin center. Each card highlights the deadline by showcasing the number of days to due date or the number of days past due date, as applicable.
- Help Us to Know You Better card consists of the below new hire tasks
- Let us know about you is the Personal Data Collection where new hires can provide personal details
- Let us know more is the Additional Data Collection task in which new hires can provide details required by the organization for example, parking, food, insurance, travel, etc.
- Complete your e-Signature lets new hires sign documents generated based on the above information. In case of DocuSign, new hires can perform signature from within the email received.
This card appears on the new hire’s Home Page when they log in (post completion of New Hire Data Review step, if configured). The card will be available for 10 days post the new hire’s start date.
- Your Compliance Forms card for new hires to provide tax and employment details, as applicable
- New hires can complete employment-specific forms such as the US Compliance Form I-9 and / or tax related forms
- Post completing compliance related information, new hires can perform electronic signature on the generated compliance pdf forms. In case of DocuSign, new hires can perform signature from within the email received.
This card will be removed from the Home Page once all the corresponding compliance forms and electronic signature (if applicable) are completed.
- Your Onboarding Guide card provides other onboarding related information to new hires if initiated by the manager / participants. This page can also be accessed from the module picker – Onboarding. In case, the new hire is also a hiring manager, the Onboarding Dashboard (New) can also be accessed as a separate tab within the page.
- Prepare for Day One provides a checklist of information that new hires need to know and do on day 1 including where to visit
- Browse through the recommended links enables new hires to access important links recommended by manager / participants to learn and understand key topics
- Know your key people to meet will contain contact and details of the new hire’s colleagues in the firm that the manager / participant would have recommended
Meetings scheduled for the new hires are not available on the Onboarding Guide page in the 2H 2021 release. New hires can access scheduled meetings from the email notifications sent when manager / participant schedule them.
The Onboarding Guide card appears when the manager / participant has triggered at least one of the new hire activities (Prepare for Day 1, Browse through recommended links, Know your key people to meet). The lifecycle of the card on the latest Home Page is based on the Onboarding Tasks archive rule. The card will show up from the time the new hire logs into the Home Page till the day (from start date) defined in the rule (Default is 90 days).
- Welcome Aboard card contains a warm, personalized welcoming note for the new hire.
This card appears when the manager / participant has triggered the welcome message activity. The lifecycle of the card on the latest Home Page is based on the Onboarding Tasks archive rule. The card will show up from the time the new hire logs into the Home Page till the day (from start date) defined in the rule (Default is 90 days).
Apart from these cards, customers can also create custom cards on the latest Home Page for new hires under Admin Center – Manage Home Page – Manage Organizational Updates. The ability to assign a custom card based on the employee’s start date is not an option now and will be available in a future release
Hope this blog helped you get acquainted on the new hire experience on the latest Home Page.
These engagement cards provide a holistic and simplistic experience for new hires while ensuring that new hires are not overwhelmed and have a smooth and seamless onboarding process.
Note: This blog is in the context of Onboarding (2.0) alone and not Onboarding 1.0