In this blog I’ll introduce the address determination logic in Partner determination.
When multiple address handling is active, you can configure address determination on two levels by performing the following activities in Customizing under Sales and Distribution -> Basic Functions -> Partner Determination -> Set Up Partner Determination:
- Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header
- Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Item
- Set Up Partner Determination for Delivery
- Set Up Partner Determination for Billing Header
- Set Up Partner Determination for Billing Item
On the partner determination procedure level, two fields can be used for address determination configuration: Address Determination and All Addresses Allowed.
On the partner function level, field Address Determination can be used for address determination configuration.
What is the processing logic of these new fields? Using ship-to party as an example to explain the address determination logic:
From above explanation, we can see that All addresses allowed has the highest priority. If all three fields are left blank/empty, the system determines addresses from the address overview (containing general addresses) in BP master.