SAP continues to innovate Data Warehousing to enable the Intelligent Enterprise. While SAP Data Warehouse Cloud is SAP’s strategic target solution for all data warehousing use cases, in line with our data-to-value portfolio strategy, SAP BW/4HANA remains a key solution in SAP’s portfolio, with long-term support commitment until 2040.
To safeguard the investments made in SAP Business Warehouse on-prem or private cloud systems SAP recently released SAP BW/4HANA 2021, which ships improvements in many areas.
SAP BW/4HANA 2021 is built on more than 20 years of experience and is SAP’s latest major release following SAP BW/4HANA 2.0.
It is the 7th feature release of the product and is now available for download on the SAP Service Marketplace.
Let’s have a look at the highlights:
Improved Data Tiering Optimization with parallel activation of DSOs leading to faster activation times. Also, optimized handling of mass data to improve write performance to cold data tier.
- Additional partitioning capabilities – second-level hash partitioning to increase read/write performance
- NSE support for warm data in scale-out landscapes (SAP HANA SP06)
- More flexibility with exceptional updates for cold data for
- Standard DSO without change logs
- Data Mart DSO (Cube-like DSO)
Significant reduction of administration effort and reduced risk of errors due to automated workflows in Data Privacy & Protection.
- Automated processing of notifications
- Reduced administration effort in selective deletion of sensitive data
Data Modelling has been further aligned with SAP S/4HANA time dimensions and increased performance due to suppression of determination during runtime.
- Introduction of fiscal time characteristics – automated usage in any transactional process and reporting
- Fiscal quarter
- Fiscal week
- Increased alignment with SAP S/4HANA Finance
- Enhanced master data re-modelling functionality
- Import of currencies/units from source systems from within BW Modelling Tools
Hybrid integration with support of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud, BW bridge
- Connectivity & business content providing proven SAP BW-based data integration (Extractors) from SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA
- Enterprise-ready staging layers of SAP BW for managing data loading with partitioning, monitoring and error handling
- Tool-supported move of SAP BW-based integration and staging (from Q1.2022)
If you want to read more I recommend you to check out the following assets and engage with SAP or your SAP-partner to chart the journey to the intelligent enterprise: