SAP allows you to supercharge your enterprise iOS applications with chatbot capabilities by combining two products.
- SAP Conversational AI is a bot-building platform that gives you the ability to build and deploy a conversational agent in your application.
- SAP BTP SDK for iOS enables you to quickly develop your own native apps, with Swift. The SDK extends the standard Swift Apple iOS frameworks with the reusable UI components from the SAP Fiori for iOS Design Language and provides APIs which seamlessly integrate apps with SAP BTP services.
I am NOT talking about a simple wrapper around REST APIs.
This blog post highlights a new capability of SAP Conversational AI which just dropped with the November 2021 release. Together with the open-source Swift Package
SAPCAI it allows seamless integration by providing native iOS SwiftUI component(s) to initiate a conversation with your bot and the conversation with all its various response types will be rendered automatically.
Do you wanna see how your chatbot looks in an iOS application? How do the various response types look when rendered natively? Then watch this demo video
Connect to any existing chatbot in SAP Conversational AI. Simply create a mobile channel to consume and integrate SAP Conversational AI from your iOS apps / SAP Mobile Services
Are you an iOS developer and you want to learn more about the technical details and E2E steps required to integrate SAP Conversational AI into your own iOS apps? Then watch this video
The video explains in detail how to
- Create a mobile channel for your bot in SAP Conversational AI
- Create a destination in SAP Mobile services to connect your iOS application to SAP Conversational AI Enterprise Edition with user propagation
- Add the open-source Swift package to your application and how to use the
AssistantViewas its main reusable component
Make sure to read go through the technical material hosted in the GitHub repository of the Swift package, especially