In this blog post, you can find the latest collection of new capabilities and features in the area of Central Procurement – SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111 version.
This blog post focuses on features that are delivered as part of enhanced and new applications for the release.
Please note that with immediate effect the Preliminary What’s New document for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111 is available for customers and partners.
Customers and partners need a valid S-User to access the documents.
Enhanced and New Features:
Enterprise Search for Centrally Managed Purchase Orders:
With this feature, you can now use the enterprise search to search for centrally managed purchase orders from the SAP Fiori Launchpad.
Enhancements in Process Purchase Requisitions Centrally:
With this app, you can now do the following:
- Add purchase requisition items to an existing sourcing project
- Display automation errors for purchase requisitions
- Retrigger the automation rules for purchase requisitions
- Reset automation status of the rules for purchase requisitions
- Refresh the automation status of purchase requisitions
- Keep the processed centrally switch ONeven after the follow-on documents are created for purchase requisitions.
Enhancements in Manage Purchase Orders Centrally:
With this app, you can now view the sourcing project quotation details and the item reference number for replicated purchase orders, in the process flow diagram. This is applicable only for purchase orders created from sourcing project quotation.
Enhancements in Manage Central Purchase Contracts:
With this app, you can now perform the following:
- Cancel a central purchase contract and central purchase contract hierarchy.
- Access the Delivery Addressfacet for all item categories of a central purchase contract and central purchase contract hierarchy.
- View the renegotiation status of an item in a central purchase contract and central purchase contract hierarchy.
- Navigate to the app Manage Supplier Quotations(for Sourcing Projects) to view the details of the supplier quotation by clicking Sourcing Quotation Number in the facet Item Distribution of the central purchase contract and central purchase contract hierarchy.
- View details of the header conditions in older versions of a central purchase contract and central purchase contract hierarchy in the facet Version History. You can also compare the header condition details of any two versions.
- Add attachments to a central purchase contract hierarchy. Additionally, the checkbox Contract in Preparationis changed to a button Save in Preparation with no change in the functionality.
Enhancements in Price History for Central Purchase Contract Items
With this app, you can now filter the version history details based on Condition Change Valid From, Condition Change Valid To, Plant and more.
Guided Buying for Central Procurement with SAP Ariba Buying (3EN)
The Guided Buying for Central Procurement with SAP Ariba Buying (3EN) now enables you to add new items or item-level comments and attachments to previously submitted guided buying requests and send them to SAP S/4HANA Cloud after approval. Also, the status of guided buying requests in guided buying has been enhanced to reflect the most accurate status based on the status of the items in the request.
Contract for Central Procurement with SAP Ariba Contracts (4B0)
The scope item Contract for Central Procurement with SAP Ariba Contracts (4B0) now enables you to create contracts in SAP Ariba Contracts based on awarded sourcing events and send it to SAP S/4HANA.
Automation of Central Procurement Quotes with Ariba Network (5JT)
The scope item Automation of Central Procurement Quotes with Ariba Network (5JT) now enables you to onboard suppliers on Ariba Network from SAP S/4HANA Cloud through quote automation. The onboarding can be initiated by sending central requests for quotation (cRFQs) to suppliers.
OData API: Central Purchase Contract
The OData API interface Central Purchase Contract is enhanced with the following features:
- Enables you to use additional operations, such as Unassign Legal Transaction. External solutions integrated with SAP S/4HANA Cloud can now invoke these operations on a central purchase contract or central purchase contract hierarchy to unassign a legal transaction.
- A new field PurgDocItemRenegotiationStatus is added to the entity Item to display the renegotiation status of the central purchase contract or central purchase contract hierarchy.
- Enables you to maintain commodity related information for a central purchase contract.
This is a brief overview of the new features available in the Central Procurement for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111. Hope you found this blog post insightful.
Share your feedback and thoughts in the comments section and in case of further questions, please post them on the Central Procurement community page using the link below:
For more information on SAP S/4HANA for Central Procurement, check out the below links: