Digital transformation project drives customer experience and growth.
Riachuelo is the flagship retailer in the Guararapes Group. It started as a fabric store in 1947 and evolved into a major department store by 1979. Today, there are more than 300 stores, 40,000 employees, and three distribution centers in Brazil. With more than 30 partnerships with big brands in the fashion world, Riachuelo’s See Now, Buy Now concept is meant to provide customers access to quality fashion at fair value.
Every day, Riachuelo receives and ships thousands of products from its distribution centers, located in São Paulo, Rio Grande do Norte and Amazonas. They looked for a solution approach that would address changing internal processes along with requirements of fiscal governance, especially with speed in processing large volumes of data.
“The retail market is changing faster than ever before, because COVID accelerated it,” says Denis Pavin, SAP S/4HANA Project Lead, Riachuelo. “All retailers, particularly fashion retailers, have to reinvent themselves when stores closed during lockdown. It meant we went heavily online and offered pickup at the store to deal with the changing rules.”
Like every retailer, Riachuelo wants to deliver a seamless omnichannel experience to customers. The company needs to understand tomorrow’s trends, drive personalized shopping, and run a sustainable fashion business. It also needs to provide employees the best platform and tools to build the future.
This initiative has evolved into a trusted partnership between Riachuelo, Capgemini, and SAP. Recently business and technology leaders from each of these organizations came together to discuss the challenges, technology, and outcomes realized as of now and anticipated going forward.
Recently a group of experts got together to discuss this initiative:
- Denis Pavin, Head of SAP 4/HANA Project, Lojas Riachuelo
- Willian Valiante, Vice President for Consumer Products, Retail & Distribution for South Latam, Capgemini
- Elia Chatah, Retail Principal, SAP Brazil
During this video session they discussed:
- Who in the organization was impacted by a more agile, productive, competitive solution which included SAP S/4HANA as the core for digital transformation.
- What compliance practices were implemented and how they achieved a more comprehensive data analysis of the business.
- Where this initiative is historically today and going forward to the 2024 goals of opening new stores with a focus on sales and e-Commerce.
- How Riachuelo with the Grupo Guararapes revolutionized its operational culture and implemented a platform that helps to build the future envisioned by the company.
- What retail, wholesale, manufacturing, fashion, and other industries can apply by way of best practices and lessons learned.
A few questions to consider:
- Given the pandemic and changing consumer buying habits, how do you address digital transformation in retail, fashion, and cross-industries? What’s nice vs. necessary?
- How are you leveraging SAP S/4HANA Cloud including and beyond finance to scale operations?
It would be great to hear what you think in the comments below!
- SAP Community Topic Pages