Take a guided test-drive of Situation Handling in SAP S/4HANA one on one with an SAP usability and product expert
The SAP User Experience (UX) and SAP S/4HANA Product Management teams are inviting customers and partners to register for an upcoming, free-of-charge usability testing for Situation Handling in SAP S/4HANA, running between July 20-22, 2021 (APJ time zones). We have a limited number of seats available for this event so, don’t miss to secure yours today!
Engaging with our customers and business users from a broad range of backgrounds (e.g. IT-/ process experts and consultants) and receiving their feedback is a critical aspect of our work. Because: it helps ensure we deliver maximum value and ease of use to them – and to learn along the way what we can improve upon even further.
If you would like to try out Situation Handling and some of the planned innovations to the framework with no strings attached, this opportunity is for you!
What do we offer?
- Configuration focus: Create and configure a Situation object in the context of an SAP business process in SAP S/4HANA. Gain insights that help you configure Situation Handling and available situation types in your environment.
- Innovation focus: Explore Intelligent Situation Automation (beta), the latest, planned innovation for Situation Handling that enables you to automate resolutions for business situations in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. It helps business users save time on manual and repetitive tasks – and it allows expert users to monitor and analyze these situations to enhance overall business performance.
What’s in it for you:
- Take Situation Handling for a spin without making any changes to your environment or having to stand up an SAP S/4HANA system yourself. All you need to bring is your time and your curiosity – and we provide the rest.
- Share your feedback that helps our teams improve the available and planned features of the Situation Handling framework in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Experience as Business Process Configuration Expert, Business Power User, or IT administrator supporting a business function
- Previous experience using Fiori-based applications
- Basic knowledge of business processes in SAP ERP or SAP S/4HANA
If you are already familiar with Situation Handling, you can jump to the additional details and registration to learn how to configure a situation object and to explore Intelligent Situation Automation (beta). If you’re new to Situation Handling, you’ll find an overview in the following section.
What is Situation Handling?
When it comes to adding intelligence into business processes, one analogy that resonates well is that of a car. For several decades, we have now been used to driver assistance features – be it anti-lock brakes, park distance control, or most recently brake assistants and collision warning systems. And most recently, these technologies are helping prevent accidents before they occur.
In the world of ERP, SAP has been natively embedding the equivalents of collision warning and brake assistants for businesses in SAP S/4HANA. The framework to accomplish all this is called Situation Handling and it is included in a customer’s subscription or license for SAP S/4HANA Cloud or release 1809 and newer.
Take the example of a business situation in procurement in which a supplier is unable to deliver the quantity you (as a customer) have ordered. In the days of legacy ERP systems, you would typically lack visibility and notifications about this situation and would most likely find out about the supplier delivery deficit when the shipment arrives and you look at the packing list – depending upon the impact on your production, that can have the impact of a fender bender or, worst case, mean you’re totaled.
Using Situation Handling in SAP S/4HANA, you can now configure more than 90 pre-built situation templates that aim to make business users aware of business situation before the impact on your business compounds. You can find the complete list of available use cases here. Configuring a situation type usually only takes about 30-45 minutes, making this literally a quick win for your business.
Register today for these sessions if you’re looking to learn more about Situation Handling, the planned innovations, and to see first-hand how you can increase the level of intelligence in your business process to achieve better business outcomes! We are looking forward to your participation!
Andreas Welsch is Vice President & Head of Intelligent Processes, SAP S/4HANA Product Management at SAP