This blog is related to how to achieve Cross-Landscape Distribution (XLD) in ChaRM using Focused Build standalone extension without full Focused build configuration
Focused Build(FB) and Focused Insight(FI) are free starting form enterprise customer license. ST-OST component has all FB & FI codes. if your system does not have ST-OST component, then below configurations are not possible
Cross-Landscape Distribution (XLD):
Cross-landscape distribution is used to distribute transports from one landscape to another landscape.
Few use cases:
- Global Functional Development Client have single global development and want to distribute the same functionality to other landscapes
- Cross-landscape SAP Product Developments Client have different SAP Product landscape that depend on each other. e.g., Developer wants to synch few tables, reports, from ERP to MDG
SAP Solution Manager Configuration Prerequisites:
- Minimum ST-OST ST05 install with ST version. Recommend installing latest version
- Complete ChaRM configuration and Solman_setup mandatory configuration steps. ChaRM workflow needs to work fine.
- Install latest version of focused build notes
Prerequisite for TMS:
Distribute with XLD transports between any two developments systems, as a prerequisite these development systems need to have a by default domain link between each other.
check 1541076 – Preliminary checks and troubleshooting for transport issues
Prerequisite: Package Distribution for Managed System
Export the development package /SALM/CHARM_XLD_MS to each development system that is involved in the XLD. Export the package /SALM/CHARM_XLD_MS and all its content from SAP Solution Manager into a transport. Import the transport into all development systems where you want to allow distribution.
ChaRM XLD UI access:
|Auth Object||Business transaction type||Field name|
TMW RFC user access in all Development system:
|RFC_NAME||TMW_GET_OPEN_TRANSPORTS /SALM/CM_XLD_MERGE_REQUESTS /SALM/CM_XLD_TRANSMIT_QUEUE /SALM/CM_XLD_CHECK_TRANSPORT /SALM/CM_XLD_CHECK_OBJECTS|
XLD Configuration steps:
- General Customizing Settings:Using the IMG path of SAP Solution Manager, navigate to SAP Solution Manager ->Focused Build ->Change Control Management extension -> Cross Landscape Distribution-> General Customizing Settings -> Basic Setting
1.1 Basic Setting
|Parameter Value||Use Case|
CD -Change document option in Wizard
TR – Transport requests option in the wizard
blank -Option to select both CD or TR in wizard
|This parameter is used for the wizard based Cross Landscape Distribution|
|AUTO_XLD||X||Activates the automated cross-landscape distribution|
|EXECUTE_ONLINE||X||This parameter is used for the automated distribution. As it might be time-consuming to create, export and import transport of copies into several systems, this part is now executed in a batch job per default. With this parameter you can switch the Automated Cross Landscape Distribution to execute all steps synchronously (online)|
|IGNORE_LOCKED_OBJECT||By activating this parameter, the distribution will be executed in any case, but still the locked objects are not copied. But there will be a warning message containing the object and transport|
|ONLY_OPEN_TR||Only open transports are distributed|
|STANDARD_XLD||X||Activates the wizard-based cross-landscape distribution|
|XLD_STRICT||X||Activate the strict mode for XLD globally. In strict mode, only objects that are defined in the master data settings can be distributed. It also allows to configure a consistency change that validates of all those objects are correctly distributed|
1.2 Target Change Document: During XLD wizard run, below selected CD type will use.
ZMHF ZMHFHEAD E000X
ZMMJ ZMMJHEAD E000X
2. Configure Filter and Distribution Groups
Using the IMG path of SAP Solution Manager, navigate to SAP Solution Manager ->Focused Build ->Change Control Management extension -> Cross Landscape Distribution-> Configure Filter and Distribution Groups
- Allowed Target Change Cycle: Enter Target change cycle and set active
- Allowed Target Systems: Enter which target system allow in wizard display
- System Specific Settings – option. select Blacklist or No strict if required
The Cross-landscape distribution function can be executed in two different modes:
- Strict Mode: This mode allows a list of workbench objects, development packages and customizing tables which maintained in step 3.
- Non -Strict Mode: Distribute any change across the landscape
3.Define Distribution Groups
If you are going to using strict mode, need to define Group, assigned objects, Assigned target & source systems
- Define Dis Groups: e.g., 01 POC Master Dev to all region Dev
- Assigned Objects: Assign PgID, Obj Type, name, table name to sych. Also select “+ Include objects from transport” tab to import object list here.
- Assigned Development Classes: Add package details if any
4.Activate Preparation BAdI
Using the IMG path of SAP Solution Manager, navigate to SAP Solution Manager ->Focused Build ->Change Control Management extension -> Cross Landscape Distribution-> Activate Preparation BAdI
Click active (IMG) on /SALM/IM_CM_XLD_DISTRIBUTION and save it
5.Configuring Status-Dependent UI Element Control in ChaRM setting
In ChaRM which status you want XLD will show in transport management block will achieve using below setting. If Cross Landscape Distribution and Automated Cross Landscape Distribution are not showing in Transport management block -> More. below settings not maintained properly.
SPRO -> Change Request Framework -> Configure status-dependent UI element control
- Assignment Block -> Transport Management -> UI element -> add /SALM/XLD
- Status-Dependent Control of UI Elements -> Add /SALM/XLD UI element on ZMMJ & ZMHF user status.
- Transaction types -> Status-Dependent Control of UI Elements -> maintain *MMJ entries for status profile like above step
How to execute XLD in ChaRM:
XLD have two type of execution mode:
- Wizard- Based;( option Cross Landscape Distribution)
Prerequisites: use the business role /SALM/SM_PRO. XLD option won’t show in SOLMANPRO business role. Refer SAP note: 2921514 – Focused Build – Cross Landscape Distribution: Button not available for Defect Corrections
Go to SM_CRM -> select /SALM/SM_PRO -> open the change document-> transport management block -> more -> Select Cross Landscape Distribution for Wizard option
- Step :1 Distribution system overview: it will show Target system & client which maintained in above settings
- step 2. Configure Filter and Distribution Groups
- Step: 2.a Change document Management ( I gave parameter ACTIVITY: CD) 2.a select change cycle
- 2.b select change document : Select target change document. you need to create and keep ready in target cycle
- Step: 3 Confirm and start distribution: Once click the Start Distribution. Transport object moved to target Dev system
Now Wizard based XLD is completed . Please open target change document and move the changed to QAS & PRD on normal ChaRM process.
2. Automated Distribution option:
Prerequisites : Source & target systems all needs to be in same change cycle.
We have two option to execution Automation XLD:
option: 1 using below option
Se38-> /SALM/CM_XLD_START_AUTO_XLD enter P_GUId for change document number
To get P_GUid ->
SE16 -> /TMWFLOW/TRORD_N
ORIGINATOR_KEY – ” enter ChaRM change document number”
Take originator_id-> enter in XLD report P_Guid place
Advantage: if you used report, then use can able to use SOLMANPRO Business Role, because XLD UI interface not required
Once executed Automated XLD option, in same change document , target transport also added .E.g. ERP & MDF Transport can able to move to production on same time.
Application log: check in SLG1 object: /SALM/CHARM_ENH & Sub object : /SALM/CM_XLD
All screen shot took from SP Solution manager 7.2 SP11.
Please refer your ST-OST SP level Focused Build configuration guide for more details.