This blog is related to how to achieve Retrofit automation using Focused Build standalone report in ChaRM without full Focused build configuration
Focused Build(FB) and Focused Insight(FI) are free with enterprise customer license. ST-OST component have all FB & FI codes. if your system not have ST-OST component below configuration is not possible.
- Minimum ST-OST ST05 install with ST version
- Complete ChaRM configuration with related mandatory configuration steps. ChaRM needs to work properly with standard retrofit
- 2781528 Focused Build: Change document ID missing in target transport description created via /SALM/RETRO_AUTOMATION program in batch mode
- 2728035 Focused Build: Transport Check Improvements in the Retrofit Automation Program
- 2744352 Focused Build: Report /SALM/START_RETRO_OVERVIEW does not support multiple Retrofit systems for the same task list
- 2727448 Unnecessary CSOL locks for master roles
- SAP Note 2867769 into the managed project development system (Retrofit system) to enable the automatic Retrofit target ToC release after Retrofit has been successfully executed.
- Please implement above notes and /SALM/RETRO_AUTOMATION program related notes in SAP Solution Manager
- Enable CSOL on both N & N+1 Development system . if not retrofit overwrite the objects in N+1 Dev like project work objects,..
- Go to SPRO -> SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide ->SAP Solution Manager ->Capabilities (Optional)_>Change Control Management->Retrofit->Define Retrofit Parameters and set NO_CSOL parameter is active
- Start transaction SPRO and navigate to SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager ->Focused Build ->Retrofit ->Activate Retrofit Automation Scenarios
- We have three option AUTO_TOC -> Use Transport of copies as Retrofit Target
- AUTO_CD – It Create new CD and set in “In Development” status
- AUTO_TR – It create new TR in N+1 and copy the change after successful ToC import
Please select your parameter as per your requirement. Also test with below on different behavior
|Parameter ID||Description||Use Case|
|AUTO_BW||BW Objects Handling||For BW TR automation|
|AUTO_CD||Use Change Document as Retrofit target||Auto Change document creation and set to “In Development” status for ZMMJ or ZMHF|
Full Retrofit Automation Scope (all auto-import objects)
|The Full Scope scenario enables you to extend the scope of the Retrofit Automation program by including mixed transports. Mixed transports are transports which contain not only auto-import objects but objects of other Retrofit categories as well. If the full scope option is active, the Retrofit Automation program will process autoimport objects from mixed transports as well as transports which contain auto-import objects only|
Stop at failed Retrofit (Auto-Import)
|The Stop at Failed Retrofit scenario enables you to change the processing behavior of the Retrofit Automation program. If the option is active, the Retrofit Automation program will cancel the processing of further transports if auto-import for a transport was not successful.|
|AUTO_TOC||Use Transport of Copies as Retrofit target||It creates ToC in target change cycle|
|AUTO_TR||Use Original Transport as Retrofit target||It creates Target Tr in the target change cycle|
|DISP_CD||Display change document||Navigate from the retrofit tool into the change document|
|SALM_AUTO_WITH_TOC||Perform manually triggered Retrofit Automation||Trigger retrofit automation for a single transport from the retrofit list|
Perform Analysis for BW Transport
|BW scenario is activated, you can use this function to compare transformations between the development and retrofit system|
|For a transport request in the retrofit list with yellow and red objects, show all objects with conflicts in the retrofit system and the corresponding transport requests|
|SALM_SNOTE||Call snote implementation||Navigate from the retrofit tool into transaction SNOTE of the retrofit system. New feature available in 7.2 SP12|
|SALM_TARGET_TR||Create Retrofit Target Transport||Create a target transport (original transport) for a single transport from the retrofit list.|
Settings for AUTO_TR:
Activate the following BAdI implementations.
- Using the IMG path of SAP Solution Manager, navigate to SAP Solution Manager ->Focused Build ->Retrofit ->Business Add-Ins->Activate After Retrofit BAdI implementation.
- After Retrofit BAdI implementation (/SALM/AFTER_RETROFIT). This BAdI implementation must be active only if you want to use the “Release Target Transport” option . Means AUTO_TR will help to release target TRs from N+1 Dev and wait in consolidated route system like N+1 QAS. Then every 15 mins import jobs automatically import to quality.
If you don’t want to go automatically to QAS. Developer want to check changes in Dev and move to quality using ChaRM. Please use AUTO_CD option. T
On AUTO_TR parameter, it automatically creates TR in target change cycle during report execution. Also, you manually create using SALM_TARGET_TR-Create Retrofit Target Transport option in the Retrofit wizard.
Target Transport have the description “Retrofit Target Transport for “Source retrofit TR number” “
Many of you now you will question how retrofit automation know which target cycle they need to create CD or TR as per parameter.
- Navigate to SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide->SAP Solution Manager->Focused Build -> Retrofit -> Specify Retrofit Target Task List for Retrofit Automation -> create new entries and add Source task list , system, client, Target task list, client, client in the mapping field.
- Target TR auto release is optional. Select the filed as per the requirement.
Additional Settings for AUTO_CD:
- If you chose AUTO_CD in configuration steps.
- Release Target Transport is NOT relevant. Its won’t release TR automatically. Only ChaRM status will release TR in “Successfully Tested” in normal change and “To Be Tested” status in urgent change.
- SPRO-> SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide ->SAP Solution Manager ->Focused Build->Retrofit ->Business Add-Ins -> Activate BAdI Implementation for Automatic Transport Assignment
- SPRO-> SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide->SAP Solution Manager->Focused Build->Retrofit ->Specify Mapping Rules for Target Change Document Creation Also enable if you want text, Partner function in the structure.
Retrofit Automation E-Mail Settings:
- Se61 -> /SALM/RETRO_MAIL_SUCCESS & /SALM/RETRO_MAIL_ERROR
- Navigate to SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager ->Focused Build -> Retrofit ->Define Retrofit Automation E-Mail Settings
- After report execution, Solution manager system send email to source developer on successful & failed status with TR details.
Now all configuration is completed and ready for batch job schedule for retrofit automation:
- For testing go to Se38 -> /SALM/RETRO_AUTOMATION
- Enter task list & click “Perform Retrofit “and test the automation.
- For daily or custom hourly run, go to se38 ->/SALM/RETRO_AUTOMATION and create the variant and schedule in SM36.
- Daily job will give detail log on retrofit executing which is success or failed.
This automation saved lot of effort and coordination between different team N & N+1 landscape to synch the landscape.
Application log: check in SLG1 /SALM/CHARM_ENH object for logs. if any issue please first check retrofit is working in CD level trigger or task list retrofit wizard screen.
All screen shot took from SP Solution manager 7.2 SP11.
Please refer your ST-OST SP level Focused Build configuration guide for more details.
Please refer https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/7.2%3A+How+to+work+with+Change+Request+Management+Enhanced+Retrofit for retrofit Configuration.