One of the Webcasts we deliver in the Customer Interaction Center is dedicated to Incident Management.
In this Webcast, we:
- Focus on the steps you can take to get help when facing a technical issue
- Outline the resources available to you
- Give tips on how to improve the quality of your incidents
- Introduce the CIC team and explain how we can help you to get the best support experience possible
You can register for live Support Webinars here: https://webinars.sap.com/sap-support/en/home
Topics covered in the Incident Management Webcast
- Support Infrastructure: Doing a quick search in our many repositories could solve your issue, and you may not even need to create an incident. We explain the primary support options available which include: Self–Enablement Tools, Incident Solution Matching, the Support Assistant and Ask an Expert Peer.
- In other cases, a short interaction with one of our technical experts could successfully answer your query in real time. We explain how to use Expert Chat, Schedule an Expert and Schedule a Manager.
- How to report an incident: We also go through all the steps needed to create the perfect incident in the ONE Support Launchpad, which involves selecting a system, a product area and providing detailed business impact information.
- CIC team: How we can help you through the incident creation process, how to expedite it and further information on how to contact us.
During the Webcast, there will be an interactive chat so you can post your comments, queries and feedback. At the end, there’s time for an interactive Questions & Answers session.
No need for you to take notes! We share our presentation slides with attendees after the Webcast, which includes KBAs we mention and additional resources you can review in your own time.
As a multilingual team, we deliver Webcasts in a myriad of languages inclusive of Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, German and French.
Webcast Replays on Demand here: https://webinars.sap.com/sap-support/en/archives
Thanks for reading! We look forward to seeing you in our next Webcast.