It’s that time of year again! I wanted to share more information and showcase another new feature that’s available in SAP Cloud Applications Studio for SAP Cloud for Customer. This one is a major quality of life improvement in the maintenance of your Solutions.
Life cycle activities can take a long time depending on the size and content of the Solution. To shed some light on the activity, we have provided a Progress Status tab to help you monitor each process with the release of 2102.
The Progress Status tab can be found in the Implementation Manager View in the studio. The feature behaves fairly simply:
- If nothing is triggered, it will show you the status of the last triggered activity.
- If an activity is running, it will show the current process status.
This will now allow you to monitor the Split Assembly (i.e Activate & Assemble) activities, Patch Creation activities and Deployment (i.e Upload and Activate) activities. Straightforward right? Let’s look deeper into functionality.
Firstly, let’s talk about a few of the limitations:
- The tab is only visible in a Customer-Specific Solution for SAP Cloud for Customer. So this means, Solution Templates are not supported.
- Only Split Activate and Split Assemble are supported for In Development Solutions. This means you must first select Enable Assembly Split in the Current Version tab of the Implementation Manager. Once enabled, you now have separate Activate and Assemble options.
Okay with that out of the way, now we can look at some example scenarios…
In Progress Activity
For this scenario, assume you are finished all development on Version 1 of your Solution. The next steps would be to check in all files and trigger an Activation:
- Open the Implementation Manger.
- In the Current Version tab, select Activate from the download options.
Once triggered and the studio releases control, you can jump over to the Progress Status tab to monitor!
For this second scenario, assume you have triggered a first-time Patch Creation for your Original Solution. You can monitor this in the Progress Status tab of the Original Solution:
In this final scenario, we can look at a scenario where a process has thrown an error. Assume that you have activated your In Development Solution and your next step is to assemble it for download. You trigger the Split Assemble and after refreshing the Progress Status tab, you see the below screen:
And that is just a little taste of this new functionality. I covered scenarios for In Development and Assembled Original Solutions, but note that this tab will also monitor during subsequent Patch Creation and Deployment activities!
Please check the Implementation Manager Quick Guide for more information on managing the life cycle of your Solutions.
If you have any questions on this feature, you can raise them in the SAP Cloud Applications Studio Q&A section of the Community. Please also feel free to leave any feedback below 😊
Hope you found this helpful!