After working in SAP for some time and being born and brought up in India and raised in a Catholic school we always had these following values.
- Respect your Elders no matter how wrong they were.
- Teacher is your next parents so if you get punishment from your Teacher you will probably get some more in the house.
- Wait for your turn and do not complain.
- Never asked why we should do
Why I am saying this?
Things have changed and I think some of the above views are not considered important.
The last point is heavily emphasized which brings to this SAP Smart Module
Never asked why we should do
Common why’s in SAP are?
- Why SAP is so Complex?
- Why SAP is in German?
- Why the Screen is Blue?
- Why there are so many ways for doing the same thing?
- Why it is so Clicky?
CLICKY means you must Click and since you are Lazy you do not wish to do that. This was my point of View in 2012. In 2013 I met one of the hardest working people I have worked with and she changed my Point of View. Now you must be thinking Hardest person and wants less clicks. Am I crazy?
Hardworking person can be divided into 2 types.
- One who just does the work thinking that there should not be a better solution.
- The others are hardworking but they always think there is a better way to do this job and that’s always TRUE and if there is not they start innovating or initiates an Innovation.
If you are thoughtful you will sit in their chair and evaluate your delivered solution. SAP came with the term EMPATHY but very few people think about when implementing. Empathy is all about the below Point of view
What Is New Point of View?
- Finding a Hardworking person is very hard to find by. You might have 25-30% of your workforce like that. Think about the rest.
- If SAP provides a Solution which has 5 clicks then there are 5 Chances of making Mistakes.
- 5 Chances of involving the Hard-Working Person who is already burning the Candles.
- 5 chances of cleaning up the mess they could have made.
- Think about clicks as Manual car Gear Change.
- If car can have Automatic Gear Change why SAP cannot. Now we have self-driven Car 🙂
- For now, every Enhancement/Product I built, or any Technology person built should have less Clicks.
- At the end of the Day we want to automate for sure the Useful boring job and let the Business handle the important useful job.
- This might create Job losses as well as new Job Opportunities. Remember Economy or Money is constant it just changes hands.
Why Companies shoot for doing this?
- Less Clicks means less work less people more Savings. Everything ends up with MONEY
- Less Clicks means Less issues
- Less Clicks means Smartness
- Less Clicks means more Automation
- Less Clicks means more Time with Family
- Less Clicks means less Meetings
- Less Clicks means more TV Time
- Less Clicks means more Sleep
- Less Clicks means less Blames
We have a Program Name RSSOLAZY 😊