A few days ago, the new service UI5 flexibility for key users has gone live as a dedicated service on SAP Cloud Platform, Cloud Foundry environment.
This is good news. But what is my motivation for writing this blog? Especially as the SAPUI5 flexibility capabilities with features for key users have already been established for a while, see the details in SAPUI5 Flexibility: Adapting UIs Made Easy. Just like all other capabilities within SAPUI5 it is available as integrated technology in different platforms like SAP S/4HANA or SAP Cloud Platform. So, what is special about this service?
The noteworthy aspect here is that this service is available for direct consumption by customers and partners when building their own apps on SAP Cloud Platform. Many other capabilities in the SAPUI5 / SAP Fiori space are available in the context of e.g. the SAP Fiori launchpad. For the new service we followed a different approach of creating a dedicated service which can be leveraged in many scenarios, including any SaaS solutions being developed on SAP Cloud Platform, Cloud Foundry environment. This idea of providing a separate, generic service follows the strategic approach of offering a platform with strong technological capabilities for enterprise applications in a flexible way based on micro services.
This is a premiere for all of us in the SAPUI5 engineering teams, hence my urge to publish the news. We are eagerly awaiting feedback from customers & partners on this new offering.
What are the details?
- The service name is ‘UI5 flexibility for key users’.
- The service is available via the consumption-based model of Cloud Platform Enterprise Agreement (CPEA), see the CPEA pricelist. The material code (SKU) is 8008460.
- Availability: Now on SAP Cloud Platform, Cloud Foundry environment, on all AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and Alibaba Cloud data centers.
How to start?
- When discovering SAP Cloud Platform, the supported use cases and available missions, you will see that ‘UI5 flexibility for key users’ is listed in the service catalog of the SAP Cloud Platform Discovery Center.
- To develop an app and leverage services in the SAP Cloud Platform cockpit, developers create the respective service assignments in their global account and subaccount.
- Of course there is a detailed service documentation available as well.
- For the coming weeks we plan to provide more material for developers on how to leverage the service.
Soon the service will also be available SAP Cloud Platform Trial so you can evaluate and test the service, free of charge.