Is it possible to fetch/ download/ report on Attachments of Employee Profile Background elements via Adhoc Report in SuccessFactors Application?
As an administrator of SuccessFactors product, I do create Background Portlets under Employee Profile Domain in SuccessFactors product. In those background portlet, I configure fields which allows end users to upload some attachment such as .docx, .pdf, .xls, .jpeg etc.
HRBPs in several Department does not have direct access to the end user’s Employee Profile Background Element portlets to check what document end users are uploading. HRBP raise a request to check if I can create a report to download those attachments and provide to HRBPs.
In SuccessFactors product, Adhoc Report, Online Report Designer (ORD) report or Advanced Report does not allow to download attachments (example – .docx, .pdf, .xls, .jpeg etc).
As a possible workaround we can use Integration center to download attachments from Employee Profile Background elements. We created outbound Integration to SFTP to download End User’s attachments in batch wise so that HRBP can directly download those attachment files from SFTP.
Steps to create outbound Integration to SFTP to download attachments:
1. Go to Admin Center > Integration Center.
2. From Integration Center landing Page > select My Integrations.
3. From the Integration Center > My Integrations page > choose + Create More Integration Types.
4. From the Choose Integration Type page > select the following:
- Trigger type as Scheduled.
- Source Type as SuccessFactors.
- Destination Type as SFTP.
- Format as Attachment
5. Select Create.
6. Select the Starting Entity > Search for the portlet name which contains attachment > Select that Portlet
7. Configuration and Filter Tab are optional (If you wish, you can change configuration or filter and sorting. Refer below link for more information on same)
8. Go to Destination Settings page to enter the SFTP details.
9. Under Destination Settings tab > Scroll Down > Use Calculated File Names to generate unique file names per attachment in SFTP folder
Example of Calculated File Name:
Field Value = UserID from Background Element Concatenate/ Append _ Concatenate/ Append File Name from Background Portlet
Lets say, Username is CarlaGrant. This user has an attachment called Resume.docx in Background Portlet called – Attachment
In SFTP Folder all files will be generated as “CarlaGrant_Resume.docx”
10. Schedule the integration (if needed) and provide the frequency, start and End dates. Refer Scheduling for more information.
11. Go to Review and Run and check the details. Save the integration and click Run Now to run immediately. Save and click Set Schedule to run at a specific scheduled time.
12. Login into SFTP and check the destination folder for attachment output.
For more information on same please click on: Integration Center Document
Limitation – Integration Center supports extracting maximum of 5000 attachments at a time.
While scheduling Integration Center to download attachment ensure to apply filter on Department or Division or Business Unit field so that total count does not go beyond 5000 limitation in one batch.