Are you considering the Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager?
To help you getting a good start I am happy to announce that the Expert Guided Implementation for Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager will be generally available in SAP Enterprise Support Academy from July 2020 with 2 scheduled sessions in EMEA and 2 scheduled sessions in NA/LAC. The sessions will be open for registration shortly.
Before you can register, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.
The Expert Guided Implementation for Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager covers 3 days and the goal is the configuration of one Tactical dashboard, one Operations Control Center dashboard, one Operations dashboard, one Service Level Reporting Dashboard and the creation of a custom launchpad site – all ready to use.
To get the full advantage of this offering you should ensure to follow the prerequisites for this Expert Guided Implementation – please find them at the bottom.
The Expert Guided Implementation for Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager was successfully piloted via the SAP Enterprise Support Advisory Council and the perception was really good: More than 80% of the customers agreed or highly agreed that the content was “as they had expected” and that they “felt empowered to do the tasks of the day”.
If you are curious about Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager and want to learn if this is relevant for you before you register for this Expert Guided Implementation you can find much information in the SAP Enterprise Support value map for Application Lifecycle Management.
Note: To register for the Application Lifecycle Management value map, you may require access to SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support. Already-registered members can access the value map directly via the SAP Enterprise Support Value Maps learning room
PREREQUISITES FOR EXPERT GUIDED IMPLEMENTATION FOR FOCUSED INSIGHTS FOR SAP SOLUTION MANAGER
- To participate you need at least an SAP Solution Manager and one ERP managed system connected to your SAP Solution Manager.
SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP10, ST-OST 200 SP05 or SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP09, ST-OST 200 SP04 installed
- Post-installation steps as required for ST-OST 200 SP05
- Solution Landscape including all systems for this Expert Guided Implementation (at least the Solution Manager itself and one ERP managed system)
- SAP notes required in SAP Solution Manager for Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager -> Please implement the SAP notes mentioned in consulting note 2392728 (Central Note for Focused Insights ST-OST 200) for the support package implemented in your Solution Manager.
- Focused Insights activation steps -> Installation Guide steps 7-9
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) setup for at least one production system
- Early Watch Alert (EWA) active
- At least one active System Monitoring template for one production system that fulfills the prerequisites mentioned in this wiki page
- Optional: Other active Monitoring Scenarios in your SAP Solution Manager (e.g. Job Monitoring, Interface Monitoring, Business Process Monitoring) will allow you to use Focused Insights more diversely
Required Authorizations – for SAP Solution Manager at least the following roles are required:
- Details on authorizations for Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager can be found in the Focused Insights Security Guide
- Dedicate the time for the setup in your own system, as it won’t be possible to proceed with succeeding steps