Supporting healthy living across South Korea for nearly 75 years
Daewoong Pharmaceutical was established in 1945 and has since set its sights on global expansion to improve the lives of people around the world.
But the company knew such growth would pose challenges – the technologies and processes that worked for Daewoong Pharmaceutical 20 years ago no longer hold up in the face of increased customer needs or global operations.
So it started its digital transformation by upgrading its existing ERP software. Through a new digital core, the company hoped to support future growth with intelligent and predictive business operations.
Building a new Digital Core
A new digital core supports Daewoong Pharmaceutical’s future growth and mission to become a top 50 healthcare brand by 2020.
Daewoong Pharmaceutical moved from SAP ECC 6.0 to SAP S/4HANA and implemented additional SAP® offerings, with help from technology partner idsTrust Co.,applying a Partner Managed Cloud approach to achieve:
- Improved sales policies, products, and channels based on more-accurate profit-and-loss information informed by fully digital processes powered by intelligent technologies
- Better business forecasting with SAP Predictive Analytics software, which estimates profit and loss for products
- More-strategic distribution of company resources, thanks to Big Data insights supported by predictive analytics
- Advanced performance of risk management activities that enable managers to act ahead of time
- An optimized, company-wide value chain comprising order, production, sales, and closing processes
- An improved foundation for employees’ work processes, including a personalized dashboard that provides individual task performance analysis and feedback
- Better customer management processes and improved workforce productivity, saving 1,820 person-hours
- Integration of data from five subsidiary companies of the parent group Daewoong Co., Ltd.
- Real digital transformation with data managed in the cloud
Huge time savings thanks to SAP Intelligent RPA
Daewoong Pharmaceutical achieved savings of 5,720 person-hours by launching 22 RPA projects with SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation services to download external open-market order information and create sales orders.
“We laid the foundation for becoming a global pharmaceutical company in 1997 by introducing the SAP ERP application. Today, we are responding to the new challenges of Industry 4.0 by integrating agile and modern SAP technology.” explains YoungHo Park, Director of Global SCM Innovation, Daewoong Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
For more information on SAP Intelligent RPA,